(Bqp.vn) - The 14th-tenure National Assembly (NA) opened the ninth session in Hanoi on May 20. The opening sitting was broadcast live by Radio the Voice of Vietnam, Vietnam Television, and the NA’s TV channel.
The session will be held online from May 20 to 29, and deputies will gather at the NA building in Hanoi for plenary meetings from June 8 to 18.
The opening sitting of the 14th-tenure NA’s ninth session. (photo: VNA)
The legislature is set to spend more than half of the working time on law making, including voting on 10 draft laws and discussing 6 others.
Deputies will also deliberate and vote on some important drafts such as the resolution on the law and ordinance making programme for 2021, adjustments to the law and ordinance making programme for 2020, resolutions ratifying the EU-Vietnam Free Trade Agreement (EVFTA) and the EU-Vietnam Investment Protection Agreement (EVIPA), a resolution recognising and permitting the enforcement of rulings issued by dispute settlement agencies under the EVIPA, and another on Vietnam’s joining of the International Labour Organisation’s Convention 105 on the abolition of forced labour…
- General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong chairs an official welcome ceremony for US President
- Vietnam to continue being active and proactive in overcoming war consequences
- Opening ceremony of 13th National Party Congress
- PM chairs the plenary session of the 37th ASEAN Summit
- 37th ASEAN Summit and Related Summits kick off